What are cookies?
Cookies are files that websites can download onto your computer. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookies, depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained:
- First-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and that provides the service requested by the user.
- Third-party cookies: Those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event of the cookies being installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them being managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as first-party cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client's browser:
- Session cookies: Designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: The data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with six types of cookies according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: Those that allow the user to browse through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, remembering the items that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making an application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for the broadcasting of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the data on the use made by users of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the possibility of permitting, blocking or deleting the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies varies from browser to browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also refer to the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. The user can choose which cookies he/she wants to use on this website at any time.
You can permit, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
You can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser using tools such as the following:
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com
- Your Online Choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used on www.cornexcapital.com
You can see the cookies used at Cookie Configurator
Given this information, the following actions are possible:
- Accept cookies: This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the site during the current session.
- Close: The notice is hidden on this page.